***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST DO SO THROUGH governmentjobs.com/careers/colarimerco. WE WILL NOT REVIEW ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUTSIDE OF OUR WEBSITE ***
Are you passionate about providing sexual and reproductive health care services in our community? Then join the Department of Health and Environment's team as a full-time Senior Nurse Practitioner!
This position supervises, administers, and coordinates the delivery of sexual and reproductive health services and may supervise activities of program-related employees. This role participates in a collaborative, team-based model of care.
Larimer County Department of Health and Environment's mission is "working to provide everyone in Larimer County the opportunity for a health life."
Specifically, this position:
To view the full job description, visit https://www.larimer.gov/hr/careers/job-descriptions#/app/detail/Senior_Nurse_Practitioner.
- May administer or make recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting program personnel.
- Directs and coordinates the work of program staff in the provision of health care and educational services.
- Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in monitoring program efficiency and effectiveness; recommends and implements administrative or procedural changes as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of data collection guidelines, implementation, review and evaluation related to program(s).
- Provides a variety of high quality, evidence-based skilled health and nursing services to patients following current medical guidelines; educates patients and family members on healthcare and program procedures.
- Performs clinical service provisions that may include immunizations, including COVID-19 vaccines.
- Serve as a resource to community agencies, schools, and other health professionals.
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Have knowledge of supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Apply the principles and practices of epidemiology, health education, public health promotion, disease prevention, health equity, and public health policy.
- Plan agendas, facilitate team meetings, and demonstrate strong leadership of a team.
- Be able to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks, ensuring adherence to time limits and completion with high standard of accuracy.
- Have the ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
- Have a team-focused approach, with a willingness to help others when needed.
- Provide accurate documentation of clinical services and maintenance of confidential Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Have Bilingual skills (preferred).
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the process.
- Three (3) years of experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- One (1) year of experience in a directly related field as an APRN required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited college, plus advanced training in the form of a Master's Degree in Nursing or higher from an accredited college, or a specialty certificate program required.
- Licensed to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) in the State of Colorado required.
- Possession of Board certification in the appropriate nurse practitioner specialty area required.
- Prescriptive Authority within 2 years of hire, required.
- Possession of CPR certification by date of hire required.
- Maintain continuing education hours as required by the certifying body, and obtain certificates/training necessary for specific programs required.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term positions:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidays
The typical schedule for this position is 8am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. At times, we have later clinic hours (such as Tuesday, clinic is 10am - 6pm).
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.