Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Demonstrates exceptional clinical knowledge and judgment as well as ability to perform technical skills appropriate to the needs of the practice. Driver of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the core values of ProMedica.
- Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
- Prepares the patient for the visit by gathering base line data from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining vitals/office testing. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations. Determines potential equipment needs for clinician visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Is skilled in assisting clinicians with treatments, dressings and other tasks
- Communicates effectively with patients, peers and all members of the health care team. Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members.
- Relates to patients in caring manner. Relates complete and pertinent information in verbal and written form appropriate to the ages of patient served. Demonstrates understanding of legal implications of charting, documents clearly and objectively all encounters with patients.
- Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates exemplary clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Acts as a resource/role model by coaching, supporting and motivating members of the Medical Assistant and Patient Service Coordinator team. Assists others in completing tasks as needed.
- May be assigned to acts as one of the primary trainers for new Medical Assistants and office team members. Assists leadership in developing individualized plans for training and development as well as competency sign-off.
- May be assigned Lab functions and draws.
- Assists leadership with ordering, maintaining, and monitoring office medications.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.