*NHA Certification accepted*
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Scheduler confirms and prepares daily patient visit schedules for Physicians. Maintains scheduling system to tract all visits and other required information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact patient/caregiver by telephone to schedule Physician visit
- Receive incoming calls from individuals requesting a Physician visit
- Enters all required information and maintains necessary follow up on system as required
- Prepare patient chart for scheduled visit including set up of new patient with all required documents
- Prepares and distributes written visit schedule for next business day after all appointments are confirmed
- Aids in communication with patient and caregivers
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Other duties as required
- Based upon size of the office, also may need to perform Medical Assistant duties as shown on the Medical Assistant job description
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service
- Knowledge of practice protocols to assist in scheduling patients for care
- Skill in maintaining department quality assurance and control standards
- Computer skills and ability to learn new systems
- Ability to adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Skill in teamwork and maintaining relationships with patients, caregivers and coworkers