Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse: Full-Time (40 hours per week). Three to five years of medical office experience is required. Primary care experience preferred. Current NC license and BLS is required. Allscripts experience is a plus. Excellent clinical and critical thinking skills along with the ability to anticipate patient and provider needs are essential. Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment. Strong computer skills are essential including EHR.
Raleigh Medical Group is a large, independent, multi-specialty group with several locations in the Triangle area. Raleigh Medical Group offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive compensation and all full-time employees, working 30 hours or more per week, are eligible for the following benefits and more: group health, dental, Flexible Spending, Health Savings Account, life insurance, short- and long- term disability, 401k and PTO.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Rooms and prepares patients for physician’s examination, assisting with examination as directed.
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples.
- Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Schedules patient procedures as requested by physician. Facilitates authorizations and referrals for managed care patients where indicated.
- Accurately relays prescription refill information to local and mail order pharmacies via phone, fax or e-prescription functions as directed by the physician/physician extender and refill protocols.
- Adheres to OSHA safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, and communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Provides leadership, supervision and instruction to licensed practical nurses and non licensed staff such as certified medical assistants and nursing assistants.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.