The Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing (ISGMH) is seeking applicants for a phlebotomist/interviewer. This position performs biomedical &/or social-behavioral research by administering tests &/or questionnaires following protocols; collecting, compiling, tabulating &/or processing responses; gathering information; performing phlebotomy; specimen processing shipping & assisting in the preparation of material for inclusion in reports. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
The Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing (ISGMH) at Northwestern University was created in 2015 to be a leader in research that improves the health and wellbeing of the sexual and gender minority (SGM) community and foster understanding of the development and experience of SGM people. The institute provides unique opportunities for high-level research and training for the next generation of SGM scholars, and it utilizes innovative modalities to disseminate knowledge widely to the SGM community, the public at large, scholars, service providers, educators, and policymakers.
Please note: This position requires Saturday and evening hours. This position will be based off campus, at the Center on Halsted. The Center is an LGBTQ community center located in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood, dedicated to enhancing community and securing the health and well-being of the LGBTQ people of Chicagoland.
This is a 2-year term position with the opportunity for renewal based on performance and funding availability. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter.
- Performs phlebotomy on study participants.
- Processes and ships specimens.
- Recruits study participants.
- Reviews & obtains informed consent.
- Schedules study visits with participants.
- Conducts interviews.
- Collects survey data.
- Reviews medical records.
- Facilitates communication with key personnel & participants to maintain project study flow.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data; &/or preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Completes portions of grant applications &/or documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- May process reimbursements for travel expenses.
- May distribute petty cash.
- Processes invoices &/or purchase requisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply: To apply for this position, navigate to careers.northwestern.edu, search for job ID 42682, and click Apply for Job.