ACI Federal™ is an award-winning joint commission-certified company that focuses on securing Information Technology, Healthcare, and National Security talent. Team ACI Federal™ has maintained a 98% Client Satisfaction in Program Management, Cost Effectiveness, and Quality of Work – “Open Ratings 2020.”
ACI Federal ™ is seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioner to join a compassionate treatment team in a forensic psychiatric hospital located in Staunton, VA. You will need to know broad psychiatric knowledge and quality clinical skills and/or experience in carrying out the assessment and treatment tasks of an admitting service. Must possess the ability to supervise an active multidisciplinary treatment milieu. Should demonstrate the basic administrative skills to interface effectively with other physicians and units in the hospital. Forensic Training preferred but not required.
Job Type: Contract (with Full Time Hours 36-40 hours a week)
Location: Staunton, VA
Shift: M-F 8a-5p
Duration: 3 months+ possibility of extension
A. Provide direct psychiatric care of patients on a Forensic or Acute Admission Unit including:
· Psychiatric assessment
· Forensic evaluations/referral for Forensic evaluations when indicated
· Patient and family interviews
· Diagnostic reassessments when indicated
· Psychopharmacologic management
· Indicated psychotherapies, including individual, group, and family therapy
· Provide patient and family education as indicated
· Obtain and document necessary consents for treatment
· Complete required documentation regarding the provision of direct-care services
B. Head of Treatment Team duties for a Forensic/ Acute Admission Unit which include:
· Providing overall leadership to a multi-disciplinary team with regard to the ongoing development and implementation of the unit program.
· Oversight of the multidisciplinary team in planning and implementing psychiatric, medical, and behavioral rehabilitation treatment plans for patients on this service.
· Oversight of milieu therapy
· Providing work direction, and when indicated, clinical guidance for members of the interdisciplinary team.
· Clinical supervision of staff working with families.
· Unit administrative functions, including review of unit policies.
· Reviewing orders, emergency decisions, and treatment plans made by others (On-Duty Providers) for patients on the service.
· Liaison with community mental health center staff in preparing and implementing patient discharge plans.
· Cross coverage on other units when an attending physician is absent.
· Report safety issues in a timely manner, within 24 hours.
· Maintain all mandatory training requirements in order to establish and maintain a culture that is committed to workplace safety and health.
License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Completion of approved Medical School and Residency in psychiatry
ACI Federal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law