he fundamental reason this classification exists is to ensure that JRMC receives reimbursement for services rendered according to FQHC regulations. The position requires the JRMC staff has a working knowledge of insurance billing policies and procedural guidelines. Additionally, the JRMC staff is required to maintain patients’ confidentiality in regards to HIPAA and other federal, state and local regulations as stated in the JRMC policies and procedures manual.
Location: Perth Amboy
POSITION REPORTS TO: Billing Director
- Input charges on a daily bases.
- Submit to various insurance carriers in a timely manner.
- Print, review, correct and resubmit all corrected claims.
- Posts all payments from EOB’s to the appropriate accounts.
- Prints secondary claims, attaches primary EOB and mails for payment.
- Reviews remittance advices to ensure payments were made per procedure.
- Contacts insurance companies and other payors in an effort to collect denied claims.
- Verifies correct codes to ensure prompt payments.
- Submits all information required by insurance companies in order to process claims.
- Makes adjustments to the computer classification of claims to most accurately reflect the expected pay source.
- Contacts patients as necessary regarding account information.
- Establishes payment plans with patients in accordance with department policies and procedures to ensure timely payment of outstanding balance.
- Special Projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes readily.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions, given either orally or in writing.
- Able to convey information effectively.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrate effective follow-through with all task.
- Able to manage one’s own time under tight time constrains.
- Maintain high level of confidentially.
- Ability to complete assignment in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of JRMC policies and procedures.
- Able to work as a team player.