Mildred Elley, a private multi campus institution, is seeking Part Time Adjunct Faculty – Medical Assisting for appointment at its Albany, NY campus. The faculty and staff of Mildred Elley have a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, focusing on academic improvements, student service improvements, and accreditation and compliance improvements.
· Teach Medical Assisting courses as assigned by the Department Chair in the day, evening and/or weekend division as listed below:
· Clinical courses: Patient Care, Specialized Procedures, Electrocardiography and Phlebotomy
· Didactic courses: Medical Terminology, Nutrition, Medical Law and Ethics, Medical Insurance and Medical Office Management and others as available.
Requirements/Required & Preferred Credentials:
· Three (3) years of practical experience in the occupational field in which they teach.
· Credentials in field are recommended (CMA/RMA/CCMA, etc., CPT, CET, CPC)
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Coursework in the medical field and documented work experience (long-term care, hospital, private sector, etc.).
· Higher education teaching experience is highly desirable.
· Maintain expertise appropriate to teaching responsibilities.