• Answering phones, confirming appointments, setting up and managing office schedules, verifying patient membership eligibility, and collecting fees from patients.
• Being proficient in phlebotomy, performing EKGs, obtaining patient medical history, and checking blood pressure and vital signs.
• Learning and understanding the HIPnation model.
• Increasing continuity of care by managing specialty referrals.
• Connecting patients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing healthcare costs.
• Promoting timely access to appropriate care.
• Actively pursuing a mindset of learning, continuing to educate oneself on providing quality care, deepening understanding of medicine and medical care, and improving your professional skills.
Two or more years of experience as a certified medical assistant, consistency of being on time and present at work, professional appearance, and a positive and respectful attitude are required. Spanish speaking is a plus.