Opportunities available in multiple areas.
The Medical Assistant maintains the flow of patients through the practice, provides care to the patient such as obtaining detailed history, performing routine procedures and assisting provider as necessary. The Medical Assistant also answers phones, files and performs clerical assistance for the office. The Medical Assistant may provide oversight for the Medical Secretary.
COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK:
- Communicates appropriately with the nursing staff, physicians, physician's offices, CNM's, patients, families and community agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working rapport with all physicians and hospital staff. Working as a team member, demonstrates a positive, supportive and helpful attitude towards patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians.
- Addresses patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians with courtesy and respect. Respects patients' rights by addressing patient by name and maintaining confidentiality.
- Works effectively with co-workers to resolve identified problems, enlisting aid of management only when necessary. Communicates concerns and ideas to the care team.
MAINTAINS SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT:
- Ensures exam rooms are fully stocked. Maintains adequate supplies of lab requisitions.
- Accurately labels and packages specimens for appropriate lab analysis according to insurance carrier.
- Sterilizes instruments.
- Maintains a clean autoclave and completes bio testing on the autoclave machine weekly.
- Coordinates the flow of the patients through the office.
- Answers phones, files, makes copies of requested medical information for the department and other offices requesting charts.
- Schedules ordered procedures for the patient.
PROVIDES PATIENT CARE:
- Documents patient history and chief complaint in medical record, preps patient for exam, accurately obtains vital signs and documents in the medical record.
- Accurately provides routine testing as requested.
- Is readily available to assist provider with procedures, consistently completes routine lab requisitions for routine patients.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled