Chandler, AZ 85226
A rheumatology practice in Chandler has an opening for a Medical Assistant/Back office position.
1. Check patients in for appointments.
2. Attentive to patient and provider needs; actively participate in keeping provider on schedule.
3. Help schedule appointments and referrals.
4. Preparing charts, charting accurately and legibly, filing labs and reports.
5. Obtain prior authorizations.
6. Receive and convey messages from patients to doctors and vice-versa; via phone and email.
7. Assist with medication/immunization injections as needed in accordance with protocol.
8. Prepare patient for procedures and ensure that all the appropriate instructions and equipment are arranged and ready.
9. With appropriate training, assist providers with certain procedures.
10. Ensure examination rooms are fully stocked, cleaned, organized, etc.
11. Ensure the biohazard trash is removed as needed.
12. Ensure appropriate forms are completed upon provider request.
13. Assist provider in daily operational activities.
If you are interested, please reply to this post with your Resume and cover letter.
Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
Must be able to document in a neat, legible manner and be able to spell medical terminology correctly.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Effective and efficient time management.
Excellent organizational skills.
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, other Windows programs and ability to write reports and correspondence by using proficient grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Education and Experience:
Medical Assistant License/ Certification
Very good computer and typing skills.
At least one year of experience is preferred.