Mountain Valley is seeking a Medical Assistant for a busy Orthopedic practice.
The ideal candidate will be CCMA, RMA, CMA, with at least one year of experience. Any offer to employment will be contingent on background check and valid certification.
Medical Assistant Duties
- Greet and assists patient and other guests in a professional friendly hospitable manner talking to patients, answering phones, and scheduling appointments
- Performs administrative tasks such as answering phones, composing, and responding to email
- Accurate data entry in EMR
- Preparation of patient for exam by physician and assist physician as needed.
- Stocking Items needed for Provider and Patients in Cabinets daily
- Cleaning/Clearing of Exam Rooms Prior to a patient and at the end of the day.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services including taking vital signs, review of systems and complaints and accurately records in EMR
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy
- Preparation/assist physician with injections/ aspirations to be done by the physician.
- Assist physician with casting/splinting.
- Cast removal; cast reinforcement, suture/staple removal.
- Computer set up to view PACS, LVHN and Athena schedule for providers.
- Maintain equipment i.e.: cast saw. Also, keeps all instruments sterilized daily.
- Disposes of contaminated and disposable items.
- Assists in the review of patient charts (reading charts) for upcoming appointments to assure all necessary reports are available for physician review.
- Assists other staff members in other departments as needed.
- Schedule Diagnostic testing when ordered
- Obtain precertification for radiology testing, injection(s)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-- Compliance with all HIPAA and OSHA Guidelines