Open Door is seeking Bilingual Medical Assistants for multiple sites: Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, Mount Kisco, Brewster, Port Chester and School Based Centers in Ossining/Port Chester, NY. A certification from an accredited health care agency is a must. Experience: 1+ years of experience as a medical assistant required. English/Spanish language skills required.
As an Open Door employee, you would be eligible to participate in Open Door's Retention Bonus Plan, which pays a quarterly bonus of $750, beginning the first quarter following 3 months of employment. The Retention Bonus Plan will continue until December 2022 and will be re-evaluated at that time.
- Performs and accurately records patient’s chief complaints, medical history, screening tests, vital signs, vision, hearing, EKG and Spiro for patients of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups
- Assists providers with examinations, diagnostic and therapeutic tests
- Patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
- Documents necessary information on patient’s electronic record, including copies of all referrals and medical forms
- Updates the practice management information system and electronic medical record documentation with all necessary clinical information for each patient prior to the end of business day in compliance with TJC standards
- Participates in patient counseling and education activities related to primary health care, such as HIV/STD prevention and treatment, child/adult health maintenance, prenatal and family planning
- Performs simple laboratory procedures including but not limited to rapid strep test, urinalysis, pregnancy screening, hemoglobin A1C, blood glucose monitoring and venipuncture. Records and reports results appropriately, calibrates, cleans and maintains the instruments in accordance with the training and competency assessment
- Performs the collection and labeling of laboratory specimens, including blood, stool and urine specimens
- Reinforces patient/family/significant others teachings that have been initiated by professional staff
- Performs medical clerical operations related to the practice, including but not limited to, registration, appointment scheduling, checking patients in and out, cash collections, creating claims, sets clinic up for next day and retrieves medical profiles and results as needed
- Maintains strict confidentiality while having access to printed and electronic files containing sensitive information, which must be protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act and other applicable laws and regulations
- Protects information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized
- Effectively manages patient-technician relationship
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to affect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents in Westchester and Putnam counties, Open Door offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care.
At Open Door, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients in the health of our communities of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.