Join the Froedtert South team as a Medical Assistant at the Froedtert Somers Clinic.
Why work at Froedtert South as a Medical Assistant
- Have fun while feeding your passion for patient care
- Opportunities for growth and learning daily
- Work with a collaborate where everyone's contribution is valued
Under the direction of the clinic supervisor, the medical assistant is responsible for the receiving of patients, preparing the patients to be seen by the provider, and assisting the provider as requested in the delivery of care to the patient. The medical assistant works with patients and is knowledgeable with regard to the clinic’s patient education program and provides educational materials to the patient when appropriate. The medical assistant is also responsible for the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Medical Assistant Program preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current BLS or ability to obtain it within 6 months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette, typing, computer, calculator, copy machine, and use of fax machine and essential medical assistant duties as identified below.
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.25 - $22.25 per hour