Our medical practice is seeking a bright, energetic and organized individual to join our team! The Certified Medical Assistant provides clinical office support to our doctors. They will perform patient care and all administrative duties necessary to deliver quality care.
SUMMARY OF RESPOSIBILITIES:
· Checking schedules and organizing patient flow
· Ease with navigating through Electronic Medical Record-EHR (Athena Practice/Centricity)
· Accompanying patients to exam room
· Performing a comprehensive intake (medical history, height, weight, head circumference measurements)
· Presenting patient stories to the Doctor or APN you are assigned to that day.
· Cleans and sterilizes designated exam rooms and equipment after each use
· Ensures exam rooms are fully stocked with medical supplies
· Answers patient calls regarding treatment and coordination of care
· Knowledge of MRI or Medication authorizations is a plus
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Willingness to travel to our Morristown and Hackensack location is a plus!
Someone who is friendly, compassionate, and eager to learn will excel in this position. You will be working closely with patient families, physicians, staff, and visitors of our office space. Excellent multi-tasking and communication skills are essential.
Experience required. Excellent salary with competitive benefit package offered.
QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution OR upon hire hold a current medial assistant certification rom a nationally recognized accredited institution (AAMA, AMT, CCT, NHA.
- One to three years of related experience and/or training in Neurosurgery, Neurology, or Pediatrics preferred, but willing to train the right person.
- Communication skills: ability to effectively present information to patients, physicians, and other employees.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume for review.
We look forward to the possibility of working with you!
Job Type: Full-time