Join Our Exceptional Healthcare Team!
Are you a medical assistant who is looking for a job that offers a supportive and collaborative work environment? Look no further!
At Southeast Medical Group, we are a team of dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care for our patients. We are looking for a medical assistant who shares our values and is ready to join us in delivering top-notch care. As our new medical assistant, you will have the opportunity to:
Work closely with our primary care physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide high-quality care to our patients
Assist with a wide range of tasks, including scheduling appointments, taking vital signs, and preparing patients for exams
Contribute to a positive and team-oriented work environment
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth
To be successful in this role, you should have:
A medical assistant certification
Experience in a medical office setting
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
A commitment to excellence and a willingness to learn and grow
If this sounds like the right job for you, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and a brief note about why you would be a great fit for our team. We can't wait to meet you!
The Medical Assistant (MA) will provide patient care in outpatient private practice setting under the direction of the Clinical Manager. The candidate will be responsible for greeting patients, preparing patient for visit with provider by completing the seven steps of triage, performing testing and procedures ordered by provider, administering medications, immunizations as ordered and discharging of patients. Coordinate with other team members to provide exceptional patient service. Assist with other clinical and clerical duties to ensure optimization of patient experience within the practice. The Medical Assistant performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider.
Organizes the clinical environment and provides support in patient care situations. Support includes but is not limited to assisting physicians and nursing personnel, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a medical provider. The MA observes patient status and documents observations in the electronic medical record. Assists other team members in identifying patient needs or problems. This includes communicating data to the provider or other members of the clinical team. The MA delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant’s standards of practice. Operates diagnostic equipment, remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non intravenous medication; performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Maintains quality control standards.
- Practices standard infection control precautions.
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to organize and manage competing priorities. Ability to problem solve and show good judgment.
- Basic skills with computer keyboard, data entry functions and various software programs
- Clear verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service excellence.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or graduate of nationally recognized Medical Assistance Program with 3 or more years' experience.
- Current BLS certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Multiple Levels: MA I, II, III, based upon experience.
- After 1yr, paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid Life Insurance.
- After 2yrs tenure, eligible for 2wk Paid Maternity Leave.
- MA III's eligible for Tuition Assistance
- Uniforms/Scrubs provided along w/extensive initial and ongoing training