Verify patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary, draw blood & order test.
* Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
* Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the hospital; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Inform patients of lab results & prescribe medications ordered by the doctor.
* Familiarity with EMR/EHR