Join Village Medical as a Medical Assistant in Marlborough, MA
Clinic address: 525- A Boston Post Rd. E Marlborough 01752
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
Why Village Medical?
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical & Administrative Support – Medical Assistant is responsible for working front and back office in Village Medical co-located primary care locations. This individual provides patient support and communication by facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Clinical & Administrative Support – Medical Assistant informs patients of relevant and required information for their visit and provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference as a Medical Assistant:
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver’s license, authorizations, referrals and other required appointment documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs patient of privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients and assists with patient comfort should delays arise
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on a daily basis
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and organized
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the Physician; performs basic laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or indicated and suture removal and dressing changes
- Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet, and authorizes prescription refills as directed
- Prepares patients for examination using Village Medical Rooming Guidelines
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered
- Greets patients and answers phones
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment.
- Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
Skills for success as a Medical Assistant:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change as a Medical Assistant:
- Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How you will thrive as a Medical Assistant:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with as a Medical Assistant with Village Medical today!