Join our team and be part of a patient care team dedicated to improving the health and wellness of our community every day. The Christie Clinic Certified Medical Assistant role performs a variety of patient care and clerical activities to assist providers and nurses. CMAs serve as a liaison, coordinating information between providers, other clinical staff and patients. This position will coordinate the ongoing delivery and management of patient-centered care plans, patient education and patient support.
We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Office Assistant in our Dermatology department at our Main Clinic.
Previous experience with EMR preferred to accommodate scribing responsibilities. Must be able to anticipate provider and patient needs while functioning efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment. This position will involve travel to outlying communities. Excellent customer service and computer skills a must. Previous medical office experience, C.N.A. or CMA certification preferred. Completion of the ACDT Certification with in 90 days of service is required.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments prior to appointment.
- Clean and restock rooms at the end of the day.
- Perform chart preparation according to department standards.
- Maintain and update patient medical record upon visit including allergies, medications, etc. and enter into the electronic medical record.
- Appropriate use of flag system per standard work.
- Review and respond to the electronic medical record work list per department standard work.
- Complete lab order entries and appropriately handle patient specimens (including communication to patient per department standard work), as needed.
- Assists providers with procedures/surgery, as needed.
- Assist in patient education relating to medication instructions, procedures, wound care or any other necessary information pertaining to patient care.
- Perform related work as required.
- Demands include sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, stretching and lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Hearing within, or correctable to, a normal range, vision correctable to 20/20 and manual dexterity for the operation of office and lab equipment is required.
- Ability to listen and communicate with others in a professional and caring manner
- 1-2 years of experience as a medical assistant, preferred