Patient Accounts Receivable and Customer Service Specialist: This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Two years of medical billing/AR follow-up, and charge entry experience is a preferred. PM/EHR experience is essential. Medical Terminology, CPT and ICD-10 knowledge is required. Must have excellent phone communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, coworkers, physicians, and nurses. Must be able to write clear and concise notes. Must be able to multitask and have excellent time-management skills. Strong computer skills which should include Excel along with excellent data entry skills are required.
When applying please include your salary requirements.
Raleigh Medical Group, P.A. is a large, independent, multi-specialty group with several locations in the Triangle area. Raleigh Medical Group offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive compensation and all full-time employees, working 30 hours or more per week, are eligible for the following benefits and more: group health, dental, Flexible Spending, Health Savings Account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k and PTO.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Handle all patient correspondence, phone calls, and walk-ins in a professional and courteous manner. All phone calls must be returned in 48 hours.
- Post patient payments which includes cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Set patients up on an acceptable payment plans
- Review credit balance accounts for possible overpayments or erroneous adjustments on daily basis. Transferring patient credits to open vouchers prior to processing patient refund requests in a timely and accurate manner. Process all patient, insurance and divisional refunds in a timely manner.
- Work with billing and posting staff to expedite claim resubmission, refunds or other payment related issues. Troubleshoot claims and file appeals as needed.
- Process adjustments / write offs per department policy and provide supporting documentation with the appropriate notes.
- Ensure that patient demographic and insurance information is updated in timely manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Maintain the security of protected health information (PHI); including what PHI access is allowed and the reason for access to PHI.
- Report to work at the scheduled time and seldom be absent from work.
- Other duties as assigned.