Licensed Practical Nurse needed for busy Internal Medicine practice in Raleigh, NC. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. One year of recent medical office experience is required, preferably in primary care. Solid clinical and computer skills including EHR is essential. Current NC license is also required.
Raleigh Medical Group is a large, independent, multi-specialty group with several locations in the Triangle area. Raleigh Medical Group offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive compensation and all full-time employees, working 30 hours or more per week, are eligible for the following benefits and more: group health, dental, Flexible Spending, Health Savings Account, life insurance, short- and long- term disability, 401k and PTO.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures.
- Rooms and prepares patients for physician’s examination, assisting with examination as directed.
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Triages patient calls accurately, seeking patient information and providing clinical advice and guidance.
- Schedules patient procedures as requested by physician. Facilitates authorizations and referrals for managed care patients when indicated.
- Accurately relays prescription refill information to local and mail order pharmacies via phone, fax or e-prescription functions as directed by the physician/physician extender and refill protocols.
- Adheres to OSHA safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Provides leadership, supervision and instruction to non-licensed staff such as medical and nursing assistants.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.