$300 SIGN ON BONUS
What you’ll do as a Medical Assistant at HealthNet:
Perform a variety of patient care services at HealthNet Inc. health centers as directed by physicians or clinic manager.
- Collect patient information.
- Call patients for next day appointments.
- Prepare exam rooms, equipment, medical record and patients for clinic visit and assist providers in patient exams and treatments.
- Assist with examination procedures.
- Perform general lab work.
- Administer injections and immunizations, and phlebotomy.
- Provide patient education and clerical support.
When you’ll work as a Medical Assistant at HealthNet:
- Potential schedule includes Monday-Friday 8-5, with rotation of evening and Saturday shifts.
- Health centers are open until 8pm and closed on Sundays.
Job responsibilities listed above is a summary and does not include other tasks requested by physician or clinic manager.
Who is HealthNet?
HealthNet is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization of community-based health centers located in Indianapolis and Bloomington, IN Since 1968, HealthNet has improved the health status of the neighborhoods it serves by making quality health services accessible to everyone. HealthNet annually provides affordable health care to more than 61,000 individuals through its network of 9 primary care health centers 5 dental clinics, 9 school-based clinics, a mobile health unit, and additional support services. HealthNet’s mission is to improve lives with compassionate health care and support services, regardless of ability to pay.
(Please, consider applying if you do not meet the list of criteria below. We would love to engage with you for other possible opportunities or explore your areas of skill a little deeper)
What you’ll need as a Medical Assistant at HealthNet:
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA within one month of hire.
- Requires completion of high school diploma or GED.
- Requires successful completion of an accredited educational program for the medical assistant.
- Requires equivalency if presenting a foreign degree.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding.
The skills you’ll bring as a Medical Assistant at HealthNet:
- Ability to multitask and work in a high-volume patient environment.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide confidentiality.
- Understanding of data entry and basic math skills.
- Appreciation and understanding of cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Present dedication and drive toward job.
- Represent a positive and welcoming environment to team and patients.
- Flexible attitude as you may be asked to work at other health center locations to aide staffing levels.
- Reliable transportation required.
Why work at HealthNet?
- $300 Sign on Bonus
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Plan
- Short- & Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Match
- Flexible work schedules encouraging a balance between work and personal life
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
HealthNet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.