The Certified Medical Assistant for the Mobile Team performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards. This position will work directly with our quality mobile team, contracted physician groups and staff in the respective markets as assigned.
90% travel required. Openings available in Wichita Falls, TX/Amarillo, TX and Midland/Odessa, TX
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy).
2. Coordinates healthcare screening results as directed by providers, company standards, and policies
3. Travels with the mobile team to clinics and centralized locations to conduct screening clinics to support contracted physician network.
4. Rooms patients according to company standards.
5. Follows all physician office guidelines while conducting screening clinics onsite at contracted physician clinics.
6. Arrives to all clinics as least 15 minutes early to introduce the team to the office staff and set up equipment in exam room designated for clinic.
7. Organizes onsite clinics to ensure all equipment and supplies are on hand and set up in the exam rooms prior to receiving patients for screening appointments.
8. Performs and completes all quality program health screenings per required metrics. Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
9. Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate manner and copies all physicians on patient results and quality forms submitted.
10. Reviews all patient screening forms to ensure all outstanding healthcare screenings are performed and reviews medical records and collect referral information for colon screenings, DM eye exams, mammograms and labs.
11. Records patient care documentation in the medical records accurately and according to company policy.
12. Conducts post audits on all information submitted to quality program to make sure information is complete and presented within the guidelines. Any items rejected due to noncompliance will be researched and resubmitted according to guidelines.
13. Reviews all medical information, test results and suvey questions prior to the patient leaving to ensure all information is captured.
14. Presents abnormal results to the provider promptly to ensure there is not an emergent condition that needs immediate attention.
15. Post clinic preparation of mobile team charts for faxing, filing and forwading to the PCP offices.
16. Compiles results and enters information into utilization reports for submission to management.
17. Works as a liason between mobile team, physician business managers, and contracted PCP offices to ensure all patient information is reported accurately and are completed. Offers solutions to improve quality goals.
18. Coordinates with the providers and contracted PCP groups to ensure timely submission of their screenings to the DataRaps department.
19. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the department as well as proper release of patient information at all times.
20. Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards.
21. Participates in marketing events as determined by business need.
22. Performs all other related duties as assigned.