Heritage at Irene Woods, an upscale senior living community, is seeking a hospitality minded professional Resident Care Assistant who is looking for a rewarding experience working with older adults to join our extraordinary team. Successful candidates must have experience working in a luxury setting, must possess excellent hospitality skills, be warm, respectful, detail oriented, and passionate about their work.
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with activities of daily living per individualized care plan including:
- Dressing and Grooming
- Personal Hygiene
- Meal preparation and assisting with residents who need help eating
- Other treatments as assigned
- Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Prepares documentation as required including but not limited to reporting changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weights, etc.
- Assists with cleaning schedule.
- Lead resident activities as scheduled and assigned.
- Promotes independence, not dependence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Knowledge of, observes and follows all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident’s Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, Right to Know, and MSDS
- Good steward of time and resources.
- Preserves confidential information through following HIPAA guidelines.
- Consistently customer focused by providing excellent service, encouraging and respecting customer’s individuality and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Attends in-services and monthly staff meetings.
- Uniform will be neat, wrinkle free, in good repair, and worn daily
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
When you work at a Rose Senior Living Community, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life!
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience providing senior care / healthcare setting
- Certified Nurse' Assistant certification