· Perform phlebotomy through venous and capillary puncture following established procedures and perform routine in-house laboratory studies.
· Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly
· Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
· Prepare specimens for outside laboratory studies.
· Maintain knowledge of specimen collection devices and tubes.
· Maintain equipment, keep lab stocked with adequate supplies, and keeps work space organized.
· Sterilize medical equipment and maintain it in good working order.
· Practice safe work practices by using PPE appropriately.
· Follow clinic guidelines and protocols and participate in making new ones.
· Share information gathered from patients with appropriate team members to assist in comprehensive care of the patient.
· Provide patient education explaining procedure to patient and documenting education as appropriate for test being performed.
· Assist with completion occupational health visits following established protocols
· Prepare and perform paperwork and clerical duties as necessary including answering phones, computer entry, etc.
· Manage personal inbox and assist with calling patients for lab test results.
· Participate in community health and disease prevention activities.
· Participate in daily Team Huddles with staff members as required or requested.
· Participate in staff development programs and promote team cohesiveness.
· Treat staff, practitioners, visitors, and patients with dignity and respect.
· Other duties as may be assigned.