Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee’s largest primary care organization with more than 375 providers at 82 practice locations in 16 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four express clinics, central laboratory, and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com.
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
Summit Medical Group has openings for Certified Medical Assistants or Registered Medical Assistants to join their practices to assist with clinical tasks.
DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
· Escorts patients to exam rooms and prepares patients for examinations and procedures according to physician preferences.
· Records vital signs of patients, including pulse, blood pressure, height, etc.
· Performs appropriate procedures, such as phlebotomy, injections, EKGs, holter monitors, etc.
· Assists the physician(s) with procedures, as well as administering medications and conducting patient educations.
· Handles phone nursing when appropriate, to include triaging, pre-certs, referrals, calling in prescriptions, etc.
· Performs clerical duties necessary for the physicians to see patients; contacts patients regarding test results or for other related reasons as directed.
· If needed, schedules patient appointments with efficient use of clinical time slots.
· Maintains stocked, neat and clean exam rooms and common work areas on a daily basis.