This position participates with the Health Care Team in delivering quality and customer focused health care to patients in a manner that reflects Coast Community Health Center’s mission, vision, and values. Provides clinical and administrative support to clinicians and other health care team members to offer a variety of health care services to patients.
CCCORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greets patients and escorts them to the examination room.
· Answer telephones and schedule patient appointments.
· Verifies and updates patient information by interviewing patient and confirming purpose of visit.
· Provides information and education to patients regarding CCHC services.
· Completes prior authorization forms and other inter-agency documents as directed.
· Ensures supplies are stocked and ready for patient/provider use.
· Prepares and organizes for patient’s office visit for known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g., diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside records, etc.) and order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time.
· Able to accurately take vital signs appropriately including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, and O2 saturation.
· Utilizes standardized tools (CDSS, health maintenance alerts) to identify and address health maintenance/care gaps with patient and alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention.
· Prepares patient for actual visit/procedure prior to clinician’s exam during rooming-in process.
· Assists providers during examination as directed.
· Assists providers and staff with patient medication prescriptions.
· Able to prepare and administer medications and immunizations as directed by provider.
· Collects lab specimens and performs CLIA lab tests as directed.
· Follows protocols/guidelines and standing orders of providers.
Supporting Job Responsibilities
· Attend meetings, team huddles, and assigned trainings.
· In a timely manner address correspondence, which includes but is not limited to Outlook, EHR encounters, in-office correspondence.
· Utilize resources to remain informed of organizational communication (i.e., Huddle, white board, etc.).
· Comply with all policies, procedures, guidelines, and workflows.
· Perform safe work practices to protect the health and safety of employees and patients per OSHA regulation.
· Protect individually identifiable health information per HIPAA regulation.
· Proper and timely documentation in EMR.
· Complete all required compliance training within the established timeline.
· Utilize the incident reporting system as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUQUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS):
Education, Training, Certification and Licensure
High school diploma or equivalent required. Current certification through a nationally recognized
Medical Assistant program such as AAMA, AMCA, NHA, or NAHP.
If not currently credentialed, this position will require successfully obtaining Medical Assistant Certification within 60 days from date of hire.
Current BLS for Healthcare Provider.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
· Medical terminology; Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
· Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections (preferred)
· Knowledge of EHR/EMR systems
· Attention to Detail.
· Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.