Be a part of Building the future of Health!
We are changing the world of health care. We are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health.
Are you looking to excel in your next career? Are you a game changer? This opportunity is for you!
In the Medical Assistant role, you will be responsible for providing responsive customer service as the communicator between the patients and the provider. You will provide clinical and clerical support to Physicians and Mid-Level Providers and assists with exams and in-office procedures.
Your responsibilities consist of:
Direct Patient Care:
• Practicing universal precaution while using available personal protection and safety equipment.
• Administering medications while demonstrating proficiency in the “5 Rights”.
• Ensuring proper completion of appropriate consent forms for medication and/or immunization administration and supplying the patient with the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) form.
• Assisting providers with in office procedures and preparing the patient for exam.
• Triaging patient phone calls and obtain accurate information and documentation.
• Possessing knowledge of medication classifications, side effects and proper dosage as it pertains to their specialty.
• Obtaining accurate vital signs from patient.
• Practicing aseptic and sterile techniques and ensure instruments are disinfected and sterilized.
Indirect Patient Care:
• Demonstrating working knowledge of computer systems and programs.
• Maintaining and practice knowledge of OSHA regulations, exposure control plan and principles of infection control and proficiency in equipment usage in assigned departments.
• Completing the relevant portions of the Encounter form using correct CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) and ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases).
• Ensuring the clinical area is stocked for patient care needs.
• Adhering to Pathology Labeling and Processing policy.
Required Work Experience:
3+ months related work experience
High school diploma or GED
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant obtained upon Hire
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.