Attending Physician - NYC Metro Area
CenterLight Health System
11-40 Seneca Avenue
Ridgewood, NY 11385
- Job Purpose
Under the direction of the Medical Director or designee, provides primary medical care to patients at the Diagnostic Treatment Center or at home as needed it.
- Completes initial assessment and evaluation of new patients.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of patient’s medical condition and provides the treatment.
- Orders prescription medications and diagnostic procedures.
- Authorizes and coordinates all specialty and ancillary services.
- Provides in-service staff development and clinical teaching of trainees rotating through the Medical practice.
- Maintains a consultative relationship with nurses, social workers, staff clinic nurses, rehab staff, and medical subspecialists providing contracted services at the DTC or in outside offices.
- Participates in the development of such programs as preventive health screening, immunization programs, professional community outreach, quality assurance, etc.
- Participates in a wide range of clinical and epidemiologic research projects and studies of the frail elderly.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team activities, including case conferences, hospitalization reports, and family and team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accredited U.S. Medical School or foreign equivalent.
- Residency in Internal Medicine or Family Practice, Fellowship and/or experience in geriatrics preferred.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Diploma in Geriatric Medicine or equivalent experience.
- License to practice Medicine in NY.
- No malpractice or loss of license at the DTC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8AM - 5PM