RN Primary Care Nurse PACE
Full-time, Benefit Eligible
Sign-On Bonus $10,000
We need amazing people to help us do great work.
Everywhere you turn, you can feel it: Passion and commitment at the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center (EBNHC), the largest community health center in Massachusetts and one of the largest in the country. From the nurses and physicians on the frontlines of patient care, to the managers who shape policy, to the customer service representatives who keep our facilities running smoothly — everyone here has a role in making medicine better.
Striving to be an employer of choice, we offer progressive benefits, a variety of schedules, and the satisfaction of working with a diverse workforce whose unity of purpose is a real force for achievement. Plus, our Education & Training Institute is an attractive resource for many of our employees who seek to broaden their skill base and advance their careers.
As a Nurse in our NEIGHBORHOOD PACE Program you will be part of a dynamic Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and work in an innovative model of care with proven positive impacts on helping older adults stay healthy, independent and active in a community health setting. We have one of the longest standing PACE Programs nationwide (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) and are part of an excellent organization that is one of the largest community health centers in the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the general oversight, assessment, planning, and construction of the nursing care delivered to the participant.
- Assess a patient through obtaining history, performing appropriate tests, making or collecting observations from the participant and caregivers, and consulting with other members of the IDT.
- Teaches patients and families health care regimens. Explains and provides information regarding disease and wellness, tests, results, medications, diet, exercise, and other aspects of the plan of care to patients.
- Safely and effectively administers medications, tests and treatments as ordered. Manages the refills of all patient medications with appropriate authorization by the provider.
- Provide and coordinate health teaching required by individuals, families and groups to maintain the optimal possible level of health.
- Completes biannual and status change nursing assessments for an assigned panel of participants in accordance with Care Planning Policy and documents problems, goals & interventions in the participant’s care plan.
- Utilizes Assessment tools including but not limited to PACE Nurse Assessment and Medication Management to collect data.