Join AlliedUP as Phlebotomy Technician
AlliedUP is a new kind of employer, as the first and only Allied Healthcare cooperative model. We offer above-market wages, portable health benefits, upskilling and career acceleration, as well as company ownership, dividends, and leadership opportunities.
Phlebotomist Technician must meet the certification requirements of a CPT-1 for the State of California, CA Codes.
- Performs computer data entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of the terminology of tests ordered in the laboratory.
- Demonstrates proper phlebotomy technique and the use of equipment in collecting specimens from newborns to geriatric patients.
- Processes microbiology, immunology, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry, and blood bank specimens.
- Processes specimens for referral to reference laboratories.
- Stocks and orders routine supplies. Maintains the cleanliness of storage areas, trays, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers, and work areas.
- Processes or loads specimens on automated laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Location: Anaheim, CA
- Current and valid state Certification as a CPT I or II
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical laboratory experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.