LOCAL REMOTE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
8-10 WEEKS IN-OFFICE TRAINING LOCATED IN MESA, AZ
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Banner Health currently has openings for Patient Financial Services Reimbursement Representatives.
The Patient Financial Services (PFS) department includes:
- Commercial Insurance/Contracts Division
- AHCCCS, Blue Cross, Tricare, VA, Work Comp and Audits Division
- Medicare/Medicare Advantage Division
The PFS Department is responsible for the timely and accurate billing and collections of revenue based on CMS guidelines, payer contracts and federal regulations. We strive to create an environment that engages employees to produce at the highest level and recognition for their accomplishments. All individual and team work assignments are designed to collectively meet Banner’s goals emphasizing excellent customer service and making a difference in our customer’s lives.
PFS Rep Day to Day Responsibilities:
PFS Representatives are responsible for accurate billing of services rendered, timely and accurate collection of expected reimbursement. Once the payer has satisfied the expected reimbursement any patient responsibility balance is billed to the patient. These functions are accomplished by:
- Review of Initial claims to ensure clean claim submission
- Review and follow up on billed claims to investigate reason for payment delays or denials by contacting the payer or researching the payer website
- Calling payers to verify receipt of claims, what is needed to resolve unpaid accounts, short paid claims and/or other complex denials
- Take incoming calls from patients to assist with resolving their Commercial Insurance questions as well as self-pay balances
- Clear documentation of all work activity in the Ms4 account to ensure continuity throughout the entire revenue cycle