• Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
• If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment
• Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred
• Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
• Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the benefit of plasma donation programs
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through sight, touch and smell
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
264 Gorham Rd
CSL Plasma US - ME - South Portland 256
Full Time/Part Time
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.