General Purpose: The Medication Adherence Technician (MAT) will apply knowledge and skills to engage in-depth discussion with patients about medication adherence to identify and resolve patient adherence barriers. The MAT role is a dynamic position, and the ideal candidate will be able to assist in all aspects of medication management including (but not limited to) patient education, data entry, and prescription obtainment. The MAT will be cross trained for all departments and will have the opportunity to work on special projects as they arise. This role may involve analysis, research, and problem-solving to obtain resolution. Applied judgment is required to develop, modify and adapt procedures in order to most effectively meet demands in atypical situations.
This is a work from home position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls to patients and healthcare professionals regarding patient medications, adherence, and barrier removal. Some calls may include data entry and/or obtaining new prescriptions to enroll new patients into pharmacy services.
- Demonstrate ability to actively listen, understand patient questions and provide accurate answer or solutions. More complex questions, inquiries, or information requests outside of the scope of knowledge are transferred to health care plan, clinician, or pharmacy for resolution.
- Interact with healthcare professionals of all levels involving patient medications. • Practices discretion and care on a regular basis when working with sensitive/confidential data pertaining to the patient, department, or company
- Uses software applications to document patient call interactions
- Nature of work requires minimal supervision, is largely self-directed, and accountable for defined duties. Job requires use of independent judgment
- Exercise excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external parties, to convey information correctly, manage difficult situations, and always represent AdhereHealth in the most favorable manner
Leadership Duties (If Applicable)
- Establish positive partnerships across business groups both inside and outside of the organization
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Must meet at least one of the following licensing requirements :
- CPhT (either thru NHA or PTCB boards), LPN, Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA), or CNA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Google and ability to learn new software as needed
- At least two-five years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and pharmacy or related patient interaction experience
- Ability to work between the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm CST
The Medication Adherence Technician will perform his or her work in a HIPAA secure work space with no background noise using standard office equipment. The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Bend, twist or stoop on a repetitive and continuous basis
- Operate various business instruments, including computers, printers/scanners/fax machines, requiring manual dexterity
- Sit and concentrate for long periods of time to compute, examine, and interpret data
- Read paperwork and computer monitors, requiring visual acuity
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to be able to communicate effectively with all level of management and employees
- Strong time-management skills and keen eye to detail
- Ability to deal with all situations in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills