Responsible for gathering provider CME data to ensure compliance for physician license renewal and board certification/recertification to include Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements, assisting the Medical Secretary and Medical Staff Office as needed to provide timely processing of data collection, CME status reviews and application completion
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Support to the physician level providers via Medical Secretaries and Medical Staff Office as it relates to Licensure and Board preparation (Initial and/or Renewal). Includes, but not limited to:
o Aids providers in researching opportunities to meet licensure and/or board requirements
o Monitors and collects CME certificates from providers
o Uploads CME certificates to the CME drive
o Enters CME data into the providers OSS Health CME tracker
o Prepares provider CME audits at specified intervals as outlined below or upon request
o Enters CME data into the providers appropriate Board software system
o Enters clinical case data into the appropriate board case listing tracker during board collection
o Assists with board application preparation
- Processes and conducts accurate verification of CME credits necessary for physician license renewal and board certification/recertification including MOC requirements (i.e. Patient Safety, Child Abuse, CME Audits across multiple systems etc.).
- Contacts provider and their secretary when necessary, CMEs have not been completed and license renewal is within six (6) months and/or when Board Certification/Recertification is within four (4) years of expiration.
- Contributes to office operations by meeting deadlines, organizing, and prioritizing workload.
- Assists in planning physician meetings specific to licensure and board certification as requested.
- Composes correspondence including letters, memos and reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information of the Medical Staff Office and Secretarial Department, correspondence and files, hospital and other departmental information.
- Keeps the Medical Staff/Credentialing Manager, Medical Secretary Manager, VPMA, CEO, COO, and the President informed of matters concerning the initial and/or renewal process of physician license or board certification.
- Other duties as assigned.