Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
The Medical Office Assistant is generally the first point of contact with patients, greeting them and taking initial information, including contact and insurance information. The Medical Office Assistant will provide the administrative support necessary to ensure that all patients receive the highest quality of care and service.
How you will make an impact:
- Receive and schedule patients at the front desk as well as answering the phone taking accurate messages.
- Answer multi-line phone while documenting concise messages from internal/external customers
- Manage the uploading of new patient information into the portal.
- Request patient medical records from outside providers and follow-up as necessary to ensure receipt
- Accurate scanning and placement of documents into patient charts and labeled correctly to include attaching reports to referral/order in order to close the referral loop
- Verify Insurances prior to appointment (to include manual verification, if needed); Add/Update Insurance information into the system.
- Make daily reminder calls to patients for upcoming appointments.
- Assist with completion of Visit Prep forms to ensure efficient provider visit
- Partners with other departments/Specialists to assist in the coordination of care when needed
- Work on spreadsheets and tasks as directed by Practice Administrator.
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents, families, and vendors
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Senior Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Onsite physicians group dedicated to only serving Erickson Senior Living's residents