We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a temporary, per diem Medical Assistant (TP) with our NYU Langone In House Temp Program.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care.
- Obtains vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed, and all other tests within the scope of the practice. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
- Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- Ensures chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for the physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Stocks exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms. Notify the Office Manager when supplies are low.
- Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
- Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
- Assists patients and communicate with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.