We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Medical Assistant (Children's Behavioral Health).
Terros Health is a health care company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for over 50 years. We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day. Our vision is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people, achieving exceptional outcomes. We are guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment, with diversity woven throughout. Together, we are Inspiring Change for Life!
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Terros Health: Extraordinary Care. Empowered People. Exceptional Outcomes.
Terros Health made the list!!
"Most Admired Companies of 2020" as awarded by AZ Big Media.
Terros Health is hiring a Medical Assistant with an interest or experience in Primary Care or Behavioral Health to work at our Stapley Health Center in Mesa, AZ. This position supports our Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist in our Children's program.
Full-Time Employed: 40 hours/week
Clinical and Administrative Tasks
In-Office Assistance For Exams, Follow-Ups, Laboratory & Diagnostic Testing and Screening
Coordination with Pharmacies and Other Medical Providers
Completes Prior Authorizations
Experience Preferred (Primary Care)
Highly Competitive Compensation
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus (Additional Language Differential Pay Available)
Full Benefits Package, including 401K
Generous PTO/Sick Time (4+ weeks in year 1)
$$$ STARTING BONUS PLUS 6 MONTH BONUS $$$ TOTAL: $750
(New Hire Only)
The Medical Assistant provides supportive services for the medical practitioners, behavioral health patients and primary care patients. This position focuses on our Children's services at Stapley.
- Provides ongoing services as a medical assistant to patients in need of medical services for the purpose of establishing and reaching appropriate treatment goals.
- Prepares patients for examinations, takes medical histories, assists the physician during the examination, explains medical procedures to patients.
- Coordinates the appropriate client information with the behavioral health and other specialty care offices.
- Follows up on the pharmacy, clients, staff and all other parties phone calls and coordinates a response back based on the consult with the medical staff.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge, skill, and coordination of services for this position.
- Answers phones, schedules appointments, greets patients, and may create correspondence. May assume any, or all of the general clerical duties within the office.
- Follows up accordingly/promptly on clients requests via phone/letter at the direction of medical practioners. May coordinate with the involved parties on behalf of the client.
- Updates patient files, schedules medical tests, and arranges for hospital admissions.
- Follows up on missed medical appointments to appropriately re-engage the patients.
- Seeks appropriate clinical supervision to ensure the provision of effective supportive services.
- Establishes appropriate patient documentations, applications, forms that conform to agency guidelines, audit tools best professional practice, and State licensing regulations.
- Completes client documentations within the established guidelines including but not limited to completion of progress notes on the date of service; completes medical intake paperwork and submits on date of service.
Physical Demands: Must have high manual dexterity and tactile sensation in hands and fingers to allow for completion of medical procedures.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
Terros Health remains open for all our patients’ health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/
At Terros Health we care about the safety of our employees and patients, beginning on October 11, 2021, Terros Health will be requiring new employees have the COVID 19 vaccine prior to establishing employment. This represents our commitment to stopping the spread of this disease and protecting our community. Thank you for helping to protect our employees and patients.
Apply online at www.TerrosHealth.org.