This position serves as a liaison between the patients and onsite and community providers to assure access to coordinated primary and behavioral health care and is responsible for physical health screenings, including collection of health vitals and enrollment into onsite integrated care services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge and skilled in working in multidisciplinary health teams.
• Knowledge of routine medications often prescribed in integrated care settings.
• Knowledge of health risk factors associated with chronic health conditions.
• Verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English preferred.
• Must be adept at supporting the health care and wellness needs of low income high risk populations.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to the provision of compassionate, patient centered care supportive of the patient’s own goals and motivated toward positive health outcomes.
• Must possess strong computer skills, be highly organized.
• Ability to provide culturally competent care to diverse populations.
• Ability to effectively manage electronic health records.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the physical and behavioral health needs of patient’s served.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares patients for the physician inclusive of taking vital signs; height and weight; reviewing and/or recording medical history; interviewing patients and confirming purpose of visit.
2. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions.
3. Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates patient information, as necessary, in the computer system to maintain
accuracy of medical records and for billing purposes.
4. Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion according to office policies prior to accepting.
5. Educates patients by providing medication and home care instructions; explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and
physicians’ instructions to patients and asks for assistance from licensed staff as appropriate.
6. Collect laboratory specimens, log the specimens and prepare them for testing.
7. Answers patient calls with regard to medications or other medical needs and refers to licensed staff as needed.
8. Completes medical records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
9. Keeps inventory of exam room supplies and placing and expediting orders when necessary. Verifying receipt of supplies and
10. Submits all invoices, receipts etc. to billing department.
11. Attends staff meetings as required.
12. Conducts self in accordance with BCC employee manual.
13. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines/regulations.
14. Obtain prior authorization and do referrals as instructed by licensed providers.
15. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
16. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
17. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.