Established in 1980, the Greater Lawrence Family Health Center (GLFHC) is a multi-site mission-driven non-profit organization employing over 700 staff whose primary focus is providing the highest quality patient care to residents throughout the Merrimack Valley. Nationally recognized as a leader in community medicine (family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, and geriatrics), GLFHC has clinical sites throughout the service area and is the sponsoring organization for the Lawrence Family Medicine Residency program.
GLFHC is currently seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) Medical Assistant. Medical Assistants are responsible for interviewing patients, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit and assisting the clinician with patient care. Prepares patients for visit by taking blood pressure, weight and temperature; and reports pertinent information in medical records.
· Must be able to don appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Performs electrocardiography (EKG)
· Performs ear irrigations
· Performs throat cultures
· Collects urinalysis
· Conducts flu testing
· Conducts glucose testing
· Conducts international normalized ratio (INR) testing
· Ensures that results of all tests and procedures performed are available in medical records.
· Determines equipment needs visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly.
· Assists clinicians with treatments and dressings.
· Translates for clinicians.
· Bilingual, English and Spanish required.
· Certified in CPR
· Graduate of a medical assistant program
GLFHC offers a great working environment, comprehensive benefit package, growth opportunities and tuition reimbursement.