Join our team and be part of a patient care team dedicated to improving the health and wellness of our community every day. The Christie Clinic Medical Office Assistant/Scheduler role performs a variety of patient care and clerical activities to assist providers and nurses.
We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Office Assistant/Scheduler in our Pulmonary Medicine department. Monday - Friday 8am-5pm at the Main Clinic.
- Act in the absence of the receptionist by answering phones, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Triage phone calls as appropriate.
- Schedule department specific tests, procedures and surgeries within the clinic and coordinate with outside organizations for scheduling of these tests as needed.
- Obtain prior authorizations for previously mentioned procedures.
- Provide verbal and written instructions for previously mentioned tests, procedures and surgeries.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments/equipment prior to appointment.
- Clean and restock rooms at the end of the day.
- Perform chart preparation according to department standards.
- Maintain and update patient medical record upon visit including allergies, medications, past medical history, etc.
- Appropriate use of flag system per standard work.
- Review and respond to the electronic medical record work list per department standard work.
- Complete lab order entries and appropriately handle patient specimens (including communication to patient per department standard work), as needed.
- Assists providers with procedures/surgery, as needed.
- Assist in patient education relating to medication instructions, procedures, wound care or any other necessary information pertaining to patient care.
- Perform related work as required.