1. Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress, identification, and communication with patients’ colleagues, and outside agencies.
2. Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
3. Prepares the patient for the visit by taking vital signs, documenting and order entry within the EPIC system, arranging and coordinating support and ancillary services for patient care, preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing schedules, and providing general support to the providers and patients. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
4. Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
5. May support a variety of clerical office functions including calls, documentation, scanning, etc.
6. Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
7. Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork. Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in staff meetings.
8. Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend changes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of patient care.
9. Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.