Medical Assistant - Bilingual Spanish + English
SALUS NEUROMUSCULAR INSTITUTE
2999 NE 191 ST STE 260
Miami, FL 33180
SALUS NEUROMUSCULAR INSTITUTE
- Medical Office in Aventura seeking enthusiastic & reliable medical assistant to join our team.
- This is a part-time job (20-30 hours/week) M-F. It will extend to full time later on as COVID restrictions are lifted.
- An excellent opportunity to grow for the right candidate.
- Medical Assistant Certificate is not required, but preferred.
- Front disk responsibilities that include schedule appointments, answering phones, insurance verification, obtain medical records and other duties as assigned;
- Welcome patients by greeting them upon arrival and obtain identification, insurance information, and other data necessary for EMR check-in;
- Register new patients and update existing patient demographics in database;
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents;
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and recording patient’s complaints, medical history and update medications; confirming purpose of visit or treatment;
- Maintain hard copy patient records as well as the files stored in EMR, ensuring all records are secure;
- Prepare patients for the doctor’s visit by accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes as needed; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment;
- Obtain and record vital signs (i.e., temperature, B/P, Resp., etc.) and measurements (i.e., height, weight, etc.) and intake information on patients’ charts in EMR;
- Assist physician during examination and treatment as required;
- Perform Phlebotomy and Venipunctures for the preparation of intravenous therapy as needed;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, waiting area and patient rooms;
- Keep office supplies adequately-stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders and monitoring office equipment;
- Call patients 24 hours prior to their appointments and 24 hours following their visit;
- Process payments from patients and input payment details into EMR and submit superbills to accountant via email;
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations;
- Maintains patient confidentiality under HIPAA standards and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential;
- Engage with public by posting and updating our info and services to websites and social media;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Social media savvy;
- Outgoing, positive person;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- Front Desk/Check-In & Out Experience;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word) and Web applications;
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient matters and other sensitive information;
- Bi-lingual - Must speak English & Spanish fluently.