Greater Family Health is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental, and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb, McHenry, Palatine, and Franklin Park. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, http://www.greaterfamilyhealth.org
This is a great job opportunity for a Medical Assistant who is either experienced, a recent graduate, or is looking to get back into the medical field. In this position, you’ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient’s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide patient care, patient follow-up, laboratory duties and assistance to providers and nursing staff.
How You’ll Help Patients:
- Escorts patients to examination rooms and prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Performs and documents daily set up, stocking, maintenance of appropriate supply levels, cleaning of all clinical areas and equipment (including the washing and sterilization of instruments).
- Processes and labels laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories; accurately completes lab requisitions.
- Sets up and performs all CLIA waived lab tests.
- Ensures compliance with Greater Family Health quality assurance and risk management standards.
- Provides patient education as directed by provider, including providing instructions for laboratory, radiology and other medical testing/procedures.
- Retrieves laboratory and other test results and submits for review by provider as necessary.
- Follows all Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) policies and procedures.
- Provides care in age-appropriate fashion according to specialty.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- 401(K) with match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)