Fox Trail Memory Care Living (MCL), New Jersey's largest provider of residential Alzheimer's & Dementia care, was founded on the belief that every person deserves a life of rich engagement, meaningful experiences, and dignity regardless of age or cognitive state. Our premier programming allows each person to find relevance and meaning in their daily lives. We pride ourselves on the fact that our level of care is second to none. We have an unparalleled care partner to resident ratio, with a maximum capacity of only 16 residents per home. We contribute to quality of life through socialization, companionship, and purposeful activity. We are also growing at an extremely fast rate, creating exciting and rewarding career opportunities within. We are looking for the next generation of leaders to help take Fox Trail to the next level!
Fox Trail Memory Care Living (MCL) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA). (Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) excluded) CMA's are Care Partners for us. Care Partners are the heart and soul of our homes. The Certified Medication Aide is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services to the residents (and their families) in our intimate home-like settings. The CMA is expected to spend the necessary time to fully understand the unique needs of our residents so that we can provide better care to those we serve than any competitor. At Fox Trail, we go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that our residents have the highest level of service we can possibly offer. In order to fit in with our culture, your core values should be consistent with ours in terms of service level.
Please note that this is NOT a Certified Medical Assistant position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build meaningful relationships with our residents and their families as you provide assistance with activities of daily living
- Attend to individual care needs and get to know residents' unique preferences and personalities
- Attend to the individual needs of residents, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements
- Knowledge of the individualized wellness plan for residents and provide support to the residents according to their care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the house with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the delivery of services to them.
- Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment
- Follow the directions of management and work as a positive team member of the Care Partner team (while using Fox Trail's strategy guides for success)
- Work as a team to create meaningful activities for the residents
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment
- Promote a homelike environment for residents
- Cook healthy meals in conjunction with the menu
- Distribute residents' medication in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to laundry and cleaning schedules for the home and residents
Required Skills and Experience:
- Dedication to and passion to serve seniors with excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the overall good of the community
- High School diploma/GED
- State Required Certification or License for the position you are seeking
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred
- Ability to make decisions and act in the resident's best interest
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and a level of understanding
- Competent in organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be willing able to lift over 75 pounds (i.e. transferring of residents)