With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and conducting a series of registration procedures to verify donor suitability for the plasma pheresis process.
1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor’s hematocrit and total protein levels.
2. Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
3. May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
4. May answer the telephone and answer callers question or transfer call to appropriate staff member.
5. Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
6. Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
7. Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
8. Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
9. Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
10. Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
11. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
12. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
13. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications. CSL offers the following benefits for this part-time position: Paid sick leave; and the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program