*** DaVita offering $7,500 Sign-on Bonus ***
As a Clinical Coordinator at DaVita you will have the opportunity to excel as the superior dialysis nurse, mentor and clinical expert you are-and have a dramatic impact on the lives of our patients and their families.
In this vital Registered Nursing role, you will coordinate ESRD patient care and services (trend lab values, track metrics on vital signs, weight, outcome management, etc.). You will ensure you and your clinical team are delivering the highest level of care to our patients by ensuring their safety, comfort, and well-being.
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes in a chronic hemodialysis setting.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
Team - Your clinical team supports one another and creates a fun work environment, and you are there to lead the way.
Clinical Leader- DaVita is the top performer with more 4 and 5 STAR dialysis centers according to CMS. A Qualified Clinical Coordinator (RN) shining star should bring:
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
• Current CPR certification required
• At least 18 months of registered nursing experience
• At least 6 months of dialysis nursing experience required
• Dialysis Charge RN readiness approval by Clinical Nurse Manager or RN-licensed FA/GFA required
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
• Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Current CPR certification required
• Completed training approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
• Supervisory experience preferred; willingness, desire, and ability to supervise required
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
What you can expect:
- Use your critical care thinking skills. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families. You’ll be able to leverage your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Autonomy in a hospital setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
- Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. You’ll work within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU, ER and more), and you’ll be able to keep learning new nursing skills on top of dialysis.
- Schedule: Provide emergent, lifesaving care during on call shifts. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be in commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
- The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experiences for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey. We offer programs such as:
- THRIVE: Develops high-potential nurses, clinical coordinators and clinic nurse managers into operational managers
- DSSL & SPARK – Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop their supervisory and leadership skill set
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.