Wilmington Health has multiple locations and departments. During the interview process we discuss interests and availability.
About Wilmington Health
Since 1971, Wilmington Health has been committed to the care and health of our community in Wilmington as well as all of Southeastern North Carolina. Wilmington Health is structured as a multi-specialty medical practice with primary care providers integrated into the system. In this way, Wilmington Health is able to provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to the care of all our patients. Wilmington Health is committed to using collaborative, evidence-based medicine in providing the highest quality of care to the patients we serve.
Provides care for and treats patients in medical office, as directed by Physician, Advanced Clinical Provider, Registered Nurse or supervising department manager in addition to providing front office support in clinical areas as needed
· Prepares patient for and assists with examinations
· Administers injections and medications, dresses wounds and incisions, provides accurate and consistent information to the patient using an established protocol, interprets Physician's instructions to patients, assists with emergency and minor procedures, and performs related tasks as directed
· Collects patient data and maintains records of vital statistics and physiological/biological information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
· Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications
· Conducts specified laboratory tests
· Acts as receptionist, performs secretarial duties, may communicate with insurance companies, and calling in/faxing prescriptions
· Communicates with managed care for prior authorizations. Schedules procedures on campus and off site
· Responsible to respond to/triage patient phone calls and messages
· Educates patients and instructs on any medications, treatment plans, etc.
· All other duties as assigned by Department Manager
Wilmington Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. We are committed to treating everyone equally and with respect regardless of race, age, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information or any other class protected under state or federal law.
ADA Physical Demands:
Rarely (Less than .5 hrs/day) Occasionally (0.6 – 2.5 hrs/day) Frequently (2.6 – 5.5 hrs/day) Continuously (5.6 – 8.0 hrs/day)
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Competencies
1. Customer Service
3. Teamwork/Process Focus
5. Interpersonal Relationships/Communication
6. Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving
10. Organizational Skills/Time Management
12. Specimen Collection
13. Assessment Skills
14. Phone Skills/Triage
15. Equipment Use/Maintenance
17. Computer Knowledge