The clinical call center is a means of providing rapid access for patients who have an acute medical condition and need a same day appointment with a clinician using telehealth. The Clinical Call Center Medical Assistant is a remote position that is responsible for preparing patients for visits by confirming telehealth capacity, taking chief complaint, conduct screenings and history. The MA will also help to schedule appointments, complete referrals, and discharge patients.
This role is full time 10am-7pm Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8am-5pm Saturday
- Addresses clinical call center provider telephone encounters, as clinically appropriate by scheduling them on the call center template or with PCP.
- Collaborates with clinical call center nurse and reaches out for clinical guidance when appropriate.
- Assists in ensuring that the call center patients are scheduled appropriately on the template.
- Assists the call center nurse in monitor call center template for both pediatric and adults.
- Assists the call center nurse in ensuring that patients have information required for the scheduled visits such as DI/lab results.
- Adheres to all National Patient Safety Goals to: Improve the accuracy of patient identification and to improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers
- Demonstrates respect for patient rights and maintains privacy and confidentiality.
- Identifies specific and general patient care issues, takes steps towards resolution and communicates issues to the call center nurse and director.