This is a full-time position in a private office setting. The technician, in this position, will provide direct patient care through application, education, analysis and evaluation of devices designed to diagnose and treat cardiac arrhythmias under the supervision of the nurse practitioner and physician department directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The employee will be under the general supervision of, and report directly to the EP/Device clinic Supervisor. This clinical position requires direct patient contact, and the performance of a variety of functions related to the care, education and maintenance of patients with implanted cardiac devices. (pacemakers, implanted cardiac defibrillators and Loop recorders) as well as evaluation of external cardiac recorders (Holter monitors, MCOTS, EVENT recorders and Loop recorders) and external temporary cardiac defibrillators.
- Obtains vital signs and pertinent patient history, medication review
- Attaches patient to appropriate programmer to initiate interrogation process
- Provides appropriate education regarding home care, routine precautions and follow up of patient’s individual device.
- Able to educate and instruct patients on use of home monitoring devices.
- Able to log on to and order equipment through websites.
- Able actively participate in downloading and maintenance of remote monitoring websites, reporting any alert status directly to the Supervising NP/RN/MD
- Able to call device manufacturers/ representatives for information when required
- Able to perform a Trans-telephonic telephone check
- Will be able to perform arrhythmia analysis of Holter, Event and MCOT monitors and Loop recorders
- Will remain current with new technology as it is becomes available. Attends educational programs as
- Required to maintain current with new devices, procedures, and patient education requirements.
- Schedule patient appointments within established guidelines.
- Will maintain appropriate documentation in the patient’s EMR, chart.
- Will maintain statistics for the department under the supervision of the NP.
- Will follow HIPAA guidelines at all times.
EKG/cardiac technician certification with experience preferred (telemetry, or other cardiac arrhythmia analysis) but willing to train a responsible candidate.